We are looking for a Senior Ruby developer to join our IT team. You will work closely with the CTO and Product Owner to create sophisticated back-end solutions, build efficient gems and integrate front-end components. Ultimately, you will contribute in all phases of the software development life cycle and lead a growing team of engineers.
Your work will reach thousands of doctors and will help them avoid life-threatening medical errors and significantly improve patient outcomes in an industry that is ready to be disrupted by modern internet technologies.
Our platform is built around a mature core of Rails, PostgreSQL and React.js while most of our code resides in the AWS ecosystem.
- Write effective and scalable code in Ruby
- Build back-end components for web applications
- Test applications for performance, responsiveness and security
- Integrate data storage and data processing solutions
- Build, install and share gems and plugins
- Create automated test scripts
- Improve and maintain applications after deployment
- Coordinate with team members who work on different layers of infrastructure
- BSc in Engineering, Computer Science or relevant field
- At least 8 years work experience as a Ruby Developer
- In-depth understanding of object-oriented programming
- Hands-on experience writing command-line apps using Ruby libraries
- Expertise in Rails
- Understanding of agile software development
- Familiarity with automated testing platforms
- Problem-solving skills
- Team spirit
Bonus Points for
- Familiarity with cloud services such as AWS or Google Cloud Platform.
- Familiarity with technologies such as Docker, Firebase, and Elasticsearch.
- Familiarity with other programming languages such as Python, Go or Node.js.
Previous experience with a startup will be considered a plus.
We offer a competitive compensation package with stock options and other attractive perks such us remote work, flexible leave plan and health insurance. In addition, at Collaborate you will join an amazing team of talented and engaged people and you will have the opportunity to evolve in a fun, fast-paced, international startup environment.
Collaborate Healthcare is an investor-backed, technology startup that develops modern IT solutions to help physicians improve clinical outcomes through team-work oriented and patient-centered workflows.
Our vision is to eliminate physician diagnostic errors & patient non-adherence to medical plans by reframing the medical care delivery process as technology driven, patient-centered, team-based activity.
At Collaborate we are proud to have diversity and inclusion at the centre of everything we do. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, national origin, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
If you want to apply for the position please send us your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org